Email: Click here to get in touch
I am Fornesus: a creative spirit and, among many things and careers, an artist. As an artist, I am carefully creative. As a person, I am completely passionate. My work coincides with my story and the struggles that I have experienced as a human being as well as the yearning and wonder that I wish so much to entertain and to have the permission to explore. I make work with controlled creativity in a quiet space, bold innovation, and understanding. I am well‐versed in teamwork and facilitating client requests into intricate works of art.
About My Work
My art is a combination and conglomerate of the my challenges, skills, and the lessons that I’ve learned in life. I like to believe that there is no such thing as talent, only progress and perseverence. I try not to make excuses for why I can’t be creative during the course of any day. Creativity is abundant in this world around us and, with patience and obsevation, we can find it within us.
From a young age, I have always exerted my creativity and have been unapologetically creative despite reprimand or discouragement. My art has been defined by these struggles with acceptance by others and with the fact that society has imposed a great deal of harm to those like myself and to those with different viewpoints, identities, ways of thinking, etc. Thus, from my abstract pieces to my more “realistic” depictions, I tend to highlight the plight of the underclass or the beauty that is normally ignored.
I feel the responsibility, as an artist and a human, to uplift voices like mine, people like me, and the underserved and to do so with the utmost respect that I can provide. I also bear the responsibility to make my ideas known, to reveal the inner world that unravels in my head on a daily basis, and the material and psychological reality that I face.
I am Fornesus, an artist and human, always authentically, all in one.
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, May 2018. University of Houston. Houston, TX.
- Minors: Studio Art, Political Science, and Business Foundations.
- Dean‘s List: Fall 2016 ‐ Spring 2018.
- GPA: 4.00. Graduated summa cum laude.
- Golden Key Honour Society, January 2018.
Level I Certificate (12 credits) ‐ Digital Communication, Web Publishing specialization, May 2016. Houston Community College ‐ Southwest. Stafford, TX.
- Dean‘s List: Spring 2016.
- 4.00 GPA.
- 3.949 GPA (overall HCC GPA).
Associate of Arts – Liberal Arts, May 2015. Houston Community College ‐ Southwest. Stafford, TX.
- Dean‘s List: Spring 2014, Spring 2015, Spring 2016.
- 4.00 GPA. Graduated with highest honors (Spring 2015).
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, March 2015.
- Phi Theta Kappa, November 2013.
Creative Hope Creative Showcase Logo and Advertisement designer. September 20, 2017.
- As a collaborative showcase of artists, we raised over $180 in on-site donations for our neighbors in need in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
- Creative Hope Website
President and Resident Artist, Psi Kappa (Psychology Club) at Houston Community College, Stafford, TX, September 2013 ‐ May 2015.
- I created posters for the advertisement of events and general public awareness posters that help raise hundreds of dollars via bake sales and donation drives for reputable organizations such as the Autism Society and the Houston Food Bank amongst others.
“Best of Show Award” ‐ at the Spring 2015 Level II Juried Exhibition, Juried by Valerie Milo, Houston Community College ‐ Southwest in Stafford, TX, May 2015.
- Among the sixteen HCC students that were selected to take part in the Level II Juried Exhibition, Valerie Milo selected my piece, “Figured Out”.
Outstanding Art Student Award ‐ Fine Arts Department, Houston Community College – Southwest in Stafford, TX, April 2015.
- Each year, a student who has developed their style and has shown a consistently strong work ethic throughout their time at HCC ‐ Southwest is selected for the “Outstanding Art Student Award” by the Art Department at HCC ‐ Southwest.
Individual Student Portfolio Review and Critique selected $300 award winner ‐ Gulf Coast Intercollegiate Consortium 2015 Art Jam, Houston Community College ‐ Southwest in Stafford, TX, April 2015.
- Among at least 20 students from community colleges and junior colleges throughout the Houston area, my portfolio of three works were selected for this award.
Nighttime Unit Secretary at Atrium Medical Center, Stafford, TX, September 2015 ‐ January 2016.
- In this position, I organized patient charts and records and answer patient calls on an as-needed basis.
- I also filed paperwork and translated doctors’ orders into prescriptions and recommendations that were implemented by nurses and patient care assistants.
- Occassionally, I would aid nurses and patient care assistants with appropriating their tasks during our twelve‐hour night shifts. I also gathered patient care supplies from the procurement office as-needed.
President and Resident Artist at the Psi Kappa (Psychology Club) student organization at Houston Community College ‐ Southwest, Stafford, TX, August 2014 ‐ May 2015.
- As President, I helped plan and participated in events for causes relevant to our campus community.
- As the Resident Artist, I also engaged in revenue‐creating activites by hand‐crafting advertising posters tailored to each cause.